Almondbury Community School is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of all of its pupils.
The following statement is taken from the Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board Child Protection Procedures "Working Together to Safeguard Children" (2010).
More information is available at www.kirkleessafeguardingchildren.co.uk
Each pupil's welfare is of paramount importance. We recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse. We recognise that children who are abused or neglected may find it difficult to develop a sense of self worth and to view the world in a positive way. Whilst at school, their behaviour may be challenging. We recognise that some children who have experienced abuse may harm others. We will always take a considered and sensitive approach in order that we can support all of our pupils.
"Everyone working in or for our school service shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe working environment for children and young people to learn and develop in our school setting, and
- identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure hey are kept safe both at home and in our school setting".
On this page, we will provide information for Parents, pupils and staff to support us in keeping our pupils safe. This advice will range from general advice about how to stay safe when using the Internet, to how you can report suspected abuse or possible harm to a child at our school.
The Designated Safeguarding lead in school who you can talk to is
- Kathy McCauley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pupils, parents or members of the public can also speak to any member of staff within school about any concerns they may have. It is important to know that any information you disclose that relates to pupil safety, must be passed on to the Designated Senior Person.
Deputy Safeguarding Senior leads are Heads of House:-
- Simon Wood ( email@example.com )
- John Cattel ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Sandra Quarmby ( email@example.com )
Our Safeguarding Policy is available below:
Almondbury Community School Safeguarding Policy
|Thinkunow||This website provides advice about how to stay safe on-line|
|ceop||This link can be used to report suspected on-line abuse|
|Childline||Can be used to access support and advice for children and young people|