At Almondbury Community School our mission is to:-
Accomplish a seamless learning journey for all.
Create a learning community which ensures children and families access a high quality education.
Secure success for all through enriching learning experiences and transforming children’s lives.
Our aims and objectives are:-
- To work in partnership with local pre-school settings, schools, colleges, the community and other professionals to provide an inclusive education that equips all our children to successfully meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Almondbury Community School is at the ‘heart of our community’ providing opportunities and facilities for families that impact positively on the children in school. We promote equality, tolerance and understanding within the school and our local community.
- To raise standards by providing a challenging, broad and balanced curriculum. We value every individual child and provide them with a rich and diverse personalised curriculum that meets their needs. Our curriculum is organised in three phases: ‘Engagement Phase’ (for Nursery-Year 4 children), ‘Cooperation Phase’ (for Year 5-Year 8 pupils) and ‘Aspiration Phase’ (for Year 9-Year 11 pupils). This model provides continuity and progression through a seamless transition between phases and key stages. We have high expectations so all can succeed through a positive attitude to learning.
- Our workforce is motivated, flexible and skilful and have high aspirations for our pupils. They embrace change positively, supporting developments in learning in our ‘all-through’ setting. We are committed to developing the potential of all our staff by providing access to the highest quality training. We work together to learn from each other and to share best practice. Our Governing Body are drawn from the local community, they are passionate about the school and hold leaders robustly to account.
- We provide a caring, safe and nurturing environment for learning where we all respect each other. We believe it is vital to work in partnership with parents and carers and actively encourage them to become involved in the life of the school.
- Our vision is to achieve excellence in everything that we do. We encourage all our pupils to aspire to be the best that they can be in order to fulfil their hopes and dreams in the future.