Skip to content ↓

Getting Help

We are here to help...

We pride ourselves on the support we offer to our pupils and their families.  We are here to help - and as a pupil of Almondbury, it is important that you know exactly where to go to find help if you need it.

You might want to talk to somebody about your problems, or you might be worried about somebody else,  either way, we can help.

Where can I go for help?

If you are worried about possible abuse (you or somebody else) you must tell somebody!

The Designated Senior Person responsbible for Child Protection is Mr Wood - talk to him for advice.

There are many people available in school who are here to make sure your time here is happy and safe.  You should be aware that if you say anything that suggests that you are at risk, we have to pass the information on to the Designated Senior Person in school.  This is our legal responsibility - to keep you safe!

Class teacher/Form Tutor - Your class teacher/form tutor is the first person you could talk to about your concerns.  Tell them what is worrying you, they will know what to do, but they may need to pass the informtion on to somebody else if they feel your safety is at risk.

Learning Mentor - We have two Learning Mentors in school..  They are here to provide support, advice and guidance to all our pupils.  They can provide advice on your work, your progress and your well-being.  They are based in room 205 and would be more than happy to talk to you.

Key Worker - If you have a key worker, you could talk to them.  Again, they will be able to advise you on your progress in school and your well-being.

Head of House - You can always talk to your Head of House if you have any worries or concerns.  They are experienced in dealing with all kinds of issues and will always listen to your concerns and will work hard to make sure you get the support you need.

What kind of help?

There are many different kinds of help and support available in school.  You might be worried that you ar ebeing bullied, or that someone esle is being bullied.  You might be worried about exams, or you might have problems outside school that you want to talk to somebody about.  Remember the old saying, "a problem shared is a problem halved" - talking about the difficulties you are having is oftem all it takes to make things better.  The kinds of issues you migt want to talk about are:

  • Progress
  • Safety - worried sbout abuse or neglect
  • Bullying
  • Internet Safety

What might happen?

When you talk to somebody about the difficulties you are facing, they will try their best to help you themselves.  If they feel unable to help, they will be able to put you into contact with somebody in school or outside school who can help.

Remember - things will only improve if you tell somebody and get the help you need.