Admissions 2018 - 19
Pupils will be admitted without reference to ability or aptitude. The number of intended admissions for the year commencing September 2017 is:
- 52 children in Nursery
- 60 children per year in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
- 120 children per year from Year 3 to Year 11.
This is the Published Admission Number (PAN).
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied in the order set out below, to decide which children will be offered places.
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school.
- Children in public care (looked-after children).
- Children living in the school’s priority admission area who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission.
- Other children living in the school’s priority admission area.
- Children who live outside the priority area who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the time of admission.
- Children who live outside the priority area. Children are admitted in the order of proximity of the child’s home address to the school. Proximity will be determined by a measured straight line on a map by an electronic Geographical Information System (GIS) from the front entrance of the school.
The school participates in the coordinated admission scheme administered by Kirklees Council’s Directorate for Children and Adults.
Choice of school is an important decision which needs time and care. If there are questions which you would like to put to us, simply telephone the school and ask to speak to either Mrs McCauley Head of Engagement Phase (Nursery - Y4) or Mrs Wood Head of Co-operation Phase (Years 5-8) who will be willing to help you.
A formal open evening is arranged in September, providing an opportunity for prospective parents to speak to staff and pupils, see the wide range of facilities we offer and look at samples of pupils’ work. Visitors are also welcome to see us on a normal working day.
Parents who are interested in seeking a place for their child in the school and who wish to visit the school should contact Head Teacher, to arrange an appointment.
If you have a child in Year 3 or Year 6 and you wish them to continue their education at Almondbury Community School you do not need to fill in an application form.
Applying late can severely reduce the parent/carers chances of getting a school place at any of their school preferences and they must apply for their school place online before the closing dates;
- 31 October 2018 for High School admissions
- 15 January 2019 for Reception and Junior and Middle School admissions
For further information visit Kirklees Pupil Admissions